Not a day goes by without news of the impact we are all having on the environment and initiatives to clean up the planet.
Greater awareness of the issue means we are more willing to make lifestyle changes that lead to a more eco-friendly way of life. This doesn’t necessarily mean you have to go out and buy a new electric car or install solar panels to your home, though that wouldn’t go amiss! It can mean just small steps that can go a long way to helping reduce your carbon footprint.
Here are just a few ways you can do this:
- Unsubscribe from paper bills and subscribe to email instead
- Produce another meal or dish from leftover food
- Use teabags that are 100% biodegradeable (most are only 70-80% compostable)
- Switch to energy-efficient light bulbs such as LED
- If everyone ordered their weekly food shopping online, it would reduce several car journeys into a several drop offs by just one delivery van
- Avoid using cosmetics or toiletries that contain microbeads
- Try to work from home one day a way or use a car-pool to reduce car journeys
- Eat and drink organically produced products – using less pesticides or chemicals will help the environment
- Go vegetarian for at least one meal a week – eating less meat means a reduced carbon footprint
- Avoid farmed fish that causes harm to oceans, instead eat those that have been line or rod caught
- Enjoy and respect nature – bird feeders or a birdbath will encourage birds
- Recycle as much waste as you possibly can
- Use rechargeable batteries
- To reduce water usage, use a 2-minute timer for your shower
- Keep the tap off while you brush your teeth
- Put a water saving device in the cistern of your toilet to use less water every flush
- Have a reusable bag for every visit to the shop
- Use a BPA-free water bottle to reduce plastic bottle waste
- Turn lights off when not in the room
- Don’t leave appliances on standby
At Cleaning Assurance, we are very much aware of the fact that cleaning, and delivery operations impact on the environment. We are a responsible company, committed to minimising any potentially harmful effects.
We have made a cultural and financial commitment to comply with all applicable legal obligations. This also includes other requirements relevant to the environmental impacts of the company’s activities.
To ensure that performance can be monitored we have various objectives and targets in place:
- To develop awareness on the part of clients, suppliers, employees and sub-contractors to ensure that any activity will have a minimal adverse effect on the environment.
- To manage waste efficiently through separating it, recycling and safely disposing waste materials and packaging.
- To reduce the use of fossil fuels. We plan journeys and deliveries efficiently considering CO² emissions when procuring vehicles and machinery.
- To choose suppliers, wherever possible, who are able to supply products that are recyclable or have a minimal effect on the environment.
We understand the pressures faced by large businesses to meet their own environmental policy obligations. Cleaning Assurance will work with you to meet these demands whilst taking care of the full management of your cleaning service. We can offer you complete peace of mind on every aspect and you can be confident that the job will be conducted to exacting high standards.
Want to know more? Please call us on 0844 247 9294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us or make an appointment via our website.